The ICAT-EGVE 2021 conference is planned to be held September 8-10 in Sankt Augustin, Germany, as a physical-virtual hybrid conference, enabling both in-person and virtual participation. A final decision on the format will be taken June 2021. This is the merger of the 31th International Conference on Artificial Reality and Telexistence (ICAT 2021) and the 26th Eurographics Symposium on Virtual Environments (EGVE 2021). Together, these are two of the oldest international conferences in the world on Artificial Reality and Virtual Environments.
The conference will be co-located with the 18th workshop on VR/AR organized by the working group of the German informatics society.
We invite the submission of Papers, Posters and Demonstrations describing novel research ideas, work in progress, recently completed work, preliminary results, or unusual systems and applications. ICAT-EGVE 2021 seeks inspiring submissions describing research, applications or systems in all areas of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality, Telexistence, and 3D User Interfaces, e.g., the following non-exhaustive list of more specific areas:
● 3D interaction for VR/AR/MR
● VR/AR/MR systems and toolkits
● User studies and evaluation for VR/AR/MR
● Telexistence, Telepresence and Teleimmersion
● Haptics, audio, and other non-visual modalities
● Serious games and edutainment using VR/AR/MR
● Presence, cognition, and embodiment in VR/AR/MR
● Novel devices (both input and output) for VR/AR/MR, and haptics
● Multi-user and distributed VR/AR/MR, Teleimmersion and Telepresence
● Immersive projection technologies and other advanced display technologies
Submissions in other related areas are welcome too.
Paper Submission: 17 May 2021 Extended Deadline: 7 June 2021
- Notification of results: 9 July 2021
- Camera-ready version: 25 July 2021
- Poster/demo submission: 30 July 2021
- Conference: 8–10 September 2021
Submission Guidelines: Papers
The conference invites full and short paper submissions:
- Full papers must not exceed eight (8) pages in length (excluding references).
- Short papers must not exceed four (4) pages in length (excluding references).
- Both full and short papers must be in English and should be formatted using the Eurographics format. A sample LaTeX document for ICAT-EGVE 2021 can be found here: https://srmv2.eg.org/COMFy/Conference/ICAT-EGVE_2021/GetConferenceFile?fileID=12368
- ICAT-EGVE uses a double-blind review process. Therefore, submissions should not contain information (including citations and optional videos) that unnecessarily identifies the authors or their institutions or places of work. All papers must be submitted electronically as PDF. Authors are encouraged to submit videos to aid the program committee in the review of their submissions.
- The conference uses the EG submission tool. All submissions should be made through the following online submission system: https://srmv2.eg.org/COMFy/Conference/ICAT-EGVE_2021
- If you have any questions regarding how to modify your submission, please see the following help link:
- Submissions should be original, unpublished work, and should not be in submission to other venues concurrently. Any dual submission will be rejected outright without review.
Submission Guidelines: Posters and demos
- Poster/Demo submissions should provide contributions to the research field but may include published work or work that is in submission to other venues concurrently.
- Posters/Demos must NOT exceed two (2) pages in length (including references).
- Posters/Demos must be in English and should be formatted using the Eurographics format. A sample LaTeX document and a Word template are available. See the following site for instructions: https://www.eg.org/wp/eurographics-publications/guidelines/. A sample Latex file can also be found here: https://srmv2.eg.org/COMFy/Conference/ICAT-EGVE_2021/GetConferenceFile?fileID=12368
- Posters/Demos must be submitted electronically as PDF in camera-ready format, meaning that they should NOT be anonymized and instead include full author names and affiliations.
- For Demos, the description should include the scenario (what the user will experience), the technology and techniques involved, and/or distinct features of the demo, as well as original contributions. A short video (maximum 1 minute) of the demo is requested.
- Please upload Posters to an online file storage of your preference (e.g., Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive) and provide access via email to the Poster Chairs: email@example.com
- Please upload Demo submissions to an online file storage of your preference (e.g., Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive) and provide access via email directly to the Demo Chairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review and Publication
- All accepted Papers/Posters/Demos will be published in the Eurographics Digital Library and presented interactively at the conference. In addition, they will be cited and indexed in the ACM Digital Library.
- Papers/Posters/Demos will be selected by the responsible chairs for the video/in-person presentations at the conference. Upon acceptance, the camera-ready version of the submission will be included in the electronic proceedings, provided that potential comments from the reviewers are appropriately addressed.
- The format for presenting the paper/poster/demo will be decided upon in June 2021.
- Extended and significantly revised versions of selected papers will be considered for publication in Elsevier Computers & Graphics
Best Paper/Poster/Demo Awards
The authors of the Best Paper/Posters/Demos (selected by the awards committee) will be honored at the conference.
For more questions regarding the Paper/Posters/Demos, please check the conference pages or contact the ICAT-EGVE 2021 Paper/Poster/Demo Chairs accordingly through email:
Paper Chairs: email@example.com
Poster Chairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Demo Chairs: email@example.com